Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Son's Room Remodel Take 1 Update


Here is the update for my son's room.  I wanted to give him more of a soon-to-be teen room, or I guess a "tween" room (I'm so behind the times).  Since he'll be 10 in a couple of months, I wanted to do a more "grown up" room, so we went with a sport's theme.  I gotta say, I'm lovin it so far!  And bonus, most of his things were on clearance or given to us.  So that helped with the budget.
 



His room isn't very big, so we had to come up with something creative.  Pinterest is my best friend.  We spend many hours together!  It was there I found this from Shanty 2 Chic.  I used the same storage bins they used.  Those can be found at Ikea for $4 each. You can find the plans here and the bins here.

  As you can see, the storage bin isn't finished.  My hubby made this during the summer heatwave and we decided we will stain it when the weather cools off!  So until then, we have a blanket on the top to protect the wood.

Here is the updated closet! I'm loving all of the storage.  Sorry, I don't have any plans for that.  He pretty much put the measurements together and went from there.



So there you have it! The lovely update, with still so much more to do.  Maybe one day I'll have a room completely finished :D.

Disclaimer:  I am aware that my photography isn't the best, but that's okay :).  And I didn't try to make the room look like it just came out of magazine on purpose.  It is well lived in and it shows :D.  That's just how we roll!


Project Details:

St. Louis Cardinals Wall Art: Target

Baymax, curtain rods, colored storage bins: Target

Bedding, curtains, and basketball hoop: Pottery Barn Kids

Basketball Lamp: Pottery Barn Teen

White storage bins: Ikea


Feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear some feedback.






No comments:

Post a Comment